Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I hate public speaking!!!!

I know I have told you all this very well, but I can't stress enough how much I hate public speaking. This week I had to do a group presentation in my psychology class. I nearly died. I spent the whole of Tuesday morning sick because of it. I even had back up people from my group that would take over my part in case I froze, or had to run away to barf. I even thought about recording my speech and playing it while I lipped the whole thing.The Group Presentation was located at the FLC campus. Which is worse then EDC campus because their classrooms are the size of movie theatres- there's are at least 100 people in my class- and that's not exaggerating-- I bet you there is more. I spent the whole time talking to my paper and not the class. Every time I tried to look up to speak the class my brain would go blank- so I kept to staring at my paper to keep me going. I got so nerves that I couldn't even work my PowerPoint to move the slides while I talked. People say... the more you do public speaking the easier it gets-- but I don't believe them. Every time I have to speak publically- I freak out. I am so happy to have learned that at least one of my teachers for group presentation is allowing us to video tape ourselves rather than stand up in front of the whole class. I can not wait for this semester to be over and done with. I stress out way too much over public speaking. Every class this semester makes you do the stink en thing. I am convinced that one day I will die because of my fear.

No comments: