Saturday, January 24, 2009

Spring 2009 Classes Begin!!!

So I am so very excited about my new class schedule! I am taking 4 classes: Geography, Englsih, Psychology, and Early Childhood Education. 2 of my classes are in folsom which is new for me since I have always taken my college classes at the El dorado Center. Hence, it took forever to find my classes since its a huge campus. Out of my classes I love English and Early Childhood Education the most- I say this because of the teachers= thats what really makes the class worth taking or not. Then of course the classes you dont preffer are for ranting about: Geography is way boaring and my first day I got yelled at for being late when I infact was not. I had come to class 10 minutes early waiting outside the door with my fellow students- who too were confused by a locked door and no teacher greeting us. Later did I find that there were two doors and class had already started with half of his class outside. Then my first day at psychology was even wackier. I came to the class to find that supposidly our teacher was on vaction and all we had to do is sign our names and leave. Well While I was in a line of about 100 students getting ready to sign my name and leave..... the teacher walks in. He decided to start class then- when more than half of his students have exited his classroom. i guess first impressions can some times shape alot to what you think about things. But on a nother note-I finally have paid off tution, books, and parking pass for just under 500 dollars!!!! crazy expensive- specially when you dont have a job. Now all I have left to do is survive my classes and get a job :) What a goal for 2009.

3 comments:

Kjaere said...

I had a psychology teacher who was crazy. Everything she taught us about it seemed she had. She never wore shoes either

Jenny Lang said...

I am teaching a class this semester on the FLC campus that has two doors, and I think a few students gotconfused by that.

I do imagine that the FLC campus seems large after having only been on the EDC campus. To me, FLC seems really small compared to the other schoolI work at, which is quite sprawling like a regular university. I don't always teach up at EDC, but I like it when I do because the air smells cleaner up there and I love all the trees. FLC is so sterile.

Dawei Yao said...

About your guess about first impressions, yes, there's a theory supports it (I had a "flight customer psychology" or sort like that course when I was in vocational school in China).
About FLC. My first impression on it was: THERE'S NOT ENOUGH PARKING LOTS! I spent almost a whole hour wandering in the two parking lots looking for a space. But, still, it's a very lovely place.